Monday, April 20, 2009

Endurance Part Three

Just so y'all know, ever since the first Endurance post I kinda got hooked! I don't think that there will be an end to these posts! With the times getting harder, it is a good reminder that we need to endure all of the hardships for Christ. It has helped me to write these and then go back and read them as I hear about what is going on in the world. I hope that they are an encouragement to you, too!

On Saturday, Dad, and the boys had a karate rank test. Let me tell you,it was a very hard test!


Daddy and another friend of ours just about gave up. There was one part where they had to spar against the teacher.

The teacher pushes his students to their limit, then farther. When Daddy was done sparring, he could not walk. I was afraid that he was going to fall over. Daddy and the other Dad had to endure the pain and tiredness that they felt. The teacher would not let them quit when they got tired! He kept pushing them. The sensei (or teacher) knew they had more in them.



I got thinking, "If I had to do this karate rank test, would I be able to endure?" My immediate answer was "No way. I could never do that and last!" Then I was reminded that this is what Jesus Christ calls us to do. He calls us to endure hardships for His name.

My Dad was performing a self-defense and the teacher had the higher belts come and distract him. They were pushing, pulling and talking to him.

Satan does the same thing to us. He makes us lose our focus on Jesus Christ. That is when we need to endure. Daddy had the endurance to withstand the "temptation" of the higher belts. We need the endurance to withstand the devil.

One year ago, Daddy could not have endured this test. He practiced for it. We need to do the same thing. We go through life saying "yes, we love Jesus Christ" and not do anything about it. We need to "practice" so we can endure the temptations that Satan throws at us.

"The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today
Is Christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips
Then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle.
That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."
By Dc talk "What if I stumble"

Here are some pictures of their test!
WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES! LOOK AT YOUR OWN RISK! :)


















CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I think it is interesting to think about "practicing" to withstand temptation or do the right thing or stand up for the name of Christ in the world. The more we "practice" the better we get - whether we're practicing righteousness or sin, we get better at doing whatever it is, the more we "practice" it. It's a good reminder that if we're not "practicing" righteousness all of the time, then we're practicing something else. ANyway, cool blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!!
    I have had sooooooo much fun doing it! I'm not sure how many people read it, but it is fun to write posts! :)
    Love
    Kiehl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kiehl. That's neat. And Congrats to all the new blue belts!!!! Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post Kiehl!

    The Lord definitely provided the endurance for me to be able to finish the test.

    You have wisely pointed out that we need to practice righteousness.

    Keep up the great posts.

    I love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete