Sunday, April 12, 2009

Endurance, Part Two

There are a lot of stories in history about endurance. There is no story of endurance greater than the story of Jesus Christ dying on the cross.

"And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt]. " Matthew 26:39 (KJV)

Jesus did not want to die, but, nevertheless, he endured the pain, and suffering to cleanse me of my sins.

I don't think that I could have endured that, to tell you the truth.
He bled for me. He came to earth for me. He died for me!

The Story of Jesus' death on the cross is a wonderful story of endurance. Jesus did not want to die, but he knew that is what His Father wanted.

There was a question that was asked in church a few Sundays ago, "Would you die for someone who you had no clue who they were? Would you give your daughters, your sons, or your wives, to die for someone you don't know?" That is what Jesus did. He died for EVERYONE!!!!


Jesus withstood the temptation of running away from His Father's will. He endured the pain and hardship because He loved his people.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."John 3:16 (KJV)

This is love
Hanging on a tree
For all the world to see
Holy sacrifice

This is love
Dying in my place
Bearing my disgrace
Giving me new life

This is love, perfect love
Like I have never known
Father God, in your righteousness
To think You would claim me as Your own
This is love

This is love
Reaching for me first
When I was at my worst
On a lonely road

This is love
My sin as black as night
Covered in a robe of white
That your grace bestowed


This is love, perfect love
Like I have never known
Father God, in your righteousness
To think You would claim me as Your own
This is love

"This is Love" By Todd Vaters.


The Resurrection story can be found in Matthew 26-28.

Oh, I forgot. If you have not seen the video in the last post, I encourage you to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment