Monday, July 26, 2010

A Winter Ball

In February, my friend and I put on a Homeschool Winter Ball. We had a blast. It was held at the Sisters Community Church here in Oregon. We did civil war dancing and there were all types of costumes there. We had about 300 people and it was a little hard to dance, but the last Homeschool Ball was 2-3 years prior. So, I can understand the excitement. :)

Here are a few pictures of the night.

My family and my friends family (the one who helped to put it on) got to the church about 2-3 hours early so that we could set up. So, there was a little bit of hairdressing in the bathroom.:)



The lovely flowers sitting on the food table.


This is one of my little ballet girls. She and her family were able to come and I think they had a great time.


Our dance caller. :)


A friend of mine and me.


PEOPLE!!!!!!


MORE PEOPLE!


We did a married couples waltz. Taylor, two friends of ours and myself played Ashoken Farwell. (left to right: Me, Taylor, Becky K and her brother Tobin K.)


The waltzing couples. :D


More music.


Taylor dancing :)


Taylor with one of her partners and Jarod (his back to the camera with the green shirt) with one of his.


More people and more dancing.


How about that for a lot of people?


Our dance caller and his daughter.


From left to right: Me, Taylor, my friend who helped with the ball, and one of her friends.


CLEAN UP!






CLEA.... whoops, that is not part of the clean up. :P


THE END!

2 comments:

  1. Hey!! Lovely post! Looks like you all had lots of fun! I love your dresses!! I just made a medieval dress too! Can't wait to see you girls again!
    xo Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that we had a little to much fun :P OH! I want to see your dress tomorrow!!!! I bet it is very pretty!
    xoxo
    ~Kiehl

    ReplyDelete