Monday, August 9, 2010

The Promise of A Sunrise

The Promise of A Sunrise

This last school year, my sister and I started a writing program called One Year Adventure Novel. As you can tell by the title of the program, it is not your average writing program. Daniel Schwabauer, the teacher, teaches how to write an adventure novel. It is a very fun program. :) There is a student forum where you can meet other kids from across the country.... I mean across the world, who also love to write.

Anyhow, I have been wanting to post some of my novel for awhile. Here is a small summary of what I have written. In The Promise Of A Sunrise, Margaret is reading the following letter:

Dear Captain Taylor,
I am writing to tell you that everything is going as planned. I need you to write to my sister, Margaret Kennedy. On the little sheet of paper I have enclosed, is her address. No one must see this address except for you. I fear my family is in danger. I looked around the desk to see if there was a little scrap of paper, but to no avail. Captain Taylor must have hidden the paper. I continued to read. She needs to know what is going on. Do not tell her the plan in your letter. I have 8 other siblings, who sometimes can be very nosy. You are a smart man, Zachary, find a way to get her to the camp. Then take her far away... away somewhere were she will be safe. You know what to do after that.

Second Lieutenant M. Kennedy


P.S. Don’t worry about the rest of my family right now. I will take care of them. Margaret is the one who is in the most danger.



When I finished reading the letter, a thousand questions spun in my head. ‘What does Matthew mean by ‘everything is going as planned’? What plan was Matthew talking about and why hasn’t Captain Taylor told me anything about it yet? Once Captain Taylor got me to the camp, then what? How is our family in danger? What danger am I in?’






Stay tuned for more......

3 comments:

  1. AHH! I love this! good grief! Quick, put the next part on here! it's very suspenseful. :D
    hee hee!
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs* I would, but this is now kinda inaccurate. :P I had to change a LOT of it.....

    Kiehl

    ReplyDelete