Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A Walk Thru The Snow

The moon, hidden behind delicate clouds, shines bright, illuminating the fluffy
white cotton that lays on the ground, covering the countryside in a blanket of stillness.

No bird sings it song, no squirrel prowls for food, no fawn prances about in the
 meadow. No people laugh as they enjoy the warmth, no children yell as they play. 
All is quiet and still. No sound is hear, no noise is made.

The trees and the bushes are covered in the white cotton. The countryside lays at peace, with nothing to disturb it. 

I walk out of the door and see the beauty God has created. The moon shining down on the white blanket covering the earth. I pull my coat up farther around my shoulders to shield me from the wintery wind.

I walk down the lane with the moon as my light and God as my guide. I look back behind me. The house, illuminated by the lights inside, looks warm and welcoming. 

I continue on my path. I will return to that house soon, but for now, I will take a walk in the snow. 

My boots squeaked in the snow as I walked down the path. The snow falls lightly onto my nose, eyelashes, and finger tips. I hold out my hands to catch the snow and tilt back my head and let them fall onto my face. 

“Thank you God.” I whisper as I continue on. I glance up at the moon that peaks thru the clouds. Trying to shed even more light on to the fluffy cotton. 

I return home with a light heart, and cold hands and face. A ray of warmth greets me as I walk in the door. I quickly shed my jacket, boots, gloves and hat, and sit next to the fire. 

I look out the window at the winter wonderland. Everything as white as it could be. Branches hanging heavy with the snow, and the landscape matted down under the heavy blanket as it lays in peace. 


1 comment:

  1. Absolutley beautiful Kiehl...
    Keep posting please!
    Love you,
    S

    ReplyDelete