Monday, February 14, 2011

Trust ~

My family has started going through the book called, Experiencing God, with some friends of ours. We meet about it, for the first time,two weeks ago. When I went thru Day One, there were some things that stood out to me that I wanted to share.

Lesson that was learned: Trust God with EVERYTHING.

God wants us to trust Him. He wants all of our life, not just a part of it. I need to be willing to give up the 'I wants' and let HIM lead me thru life.  He will take me by the hand and lead me where HE wants me to go.

John 14:6 says " I am the way, the truth and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (KJV)

If you remove God from your life, or even from a country, what do you get? Sinful man who wants to run things the way he sees it. With God out of the picture, man has no moral restraint.

The natural way of man is to not trust God completely, if  at all. We want to run our own lives and countries. When that happens, havoc sets in.

Picture this, God is a wall that you can lean against. Take that away, and you have nothing there at your back. God's Word is concrete, take that away, and nothing is concrete. All that is left are man's ideas that are abstract; always changing.

Do you trust the chair you are sitting on? Of course. God won't let the chair break. God won't break like a chair, or change like a man. He wants to be the King of our lives because HE WON'T CHANGE! We need to trust Him in EVERYTHING, big or small things in our lives.

He won't fail you like friends could do. The wall will always be at your back, protecting and giving you something to lean on.

Learn to lean on Him completely,

1 comment: