Tuesday, February 8, 2011

True Love

You sit on the corner hoping someone will stop and think you are special.
You wait, day after day, in the same spot, with the same hope.
You want someone to say ‘I love you’ and to wrap their arms around you. 
You want someone to truly love you. 


Days turn into weeks, weeks into months, and months into years.
Still, no one comes to tell you I love you. 
Still, you don’t give up your hope, but you wonder,
“What am I good for? Why was I created this way? Does anyone love me?”


Your friends stop by every now and then to tell you they love you,
But that is not enough. 
Do they really mean it or are they just saying it because they know you are searching?
Even if you become an old maid, will they still love you? 


Your hope begins to fade and the light goes out of your eyes.
Your clothes become old and worn.
You are so deprived of love, that you will do anything for it. 
You will become a maid, only if it promises love, anything in the world just for love.


One day, a man, nicely dressed, walks by, takes one look at you and offers his arm.
You hesitate, you see his friendly smile and his glittering eyes. 
“Does this man feel bad for me?” you wonder, “That he will take me home to feed and clothe me?”
You look up into his eyes and see there is much more than that. 


You take his arm, completely trusting him, hoping love will be around the corner. 
When you get to his house, you see it was a scam. 
He did not love you, he only wanted you for his servant, nothing else. 
You fly from the house, tears rolling down your cheeks and painful images in your mind. 


“Where is love, true love?” you cry out to who ever is listening.
“Where is the love I have waited so long for? That I deserve?” 
You sit down on your corner, sad, disappointed, and angry. 
How could a man do such a thing to you? 


“He never really loved me?” you cry. 
You sit and cry all the tears that you have. 
No one could love you. 
You are just a wretch that is lower than anything in the earth. 


You look around you. 
Everyone has their love but you. 
Why are you the only one who does not? 
What did you do to receive this desertion? 


“Don’t you love me?” you ask one of your friends.
“Of course I do,” he answers “But...” 
Your blood runs cold when he adds on the but.
“I love my girl.” he continues, “Who ever falls in love with you will have an awesome girl.”  He said and puts his arm around you. 


You sigh at his words. 
You were not even good enough for him. 
Your best friend. 
You fall apart, without a love to comfort you. 


A few days later, as you are wandering around on the streets,
A man approaches you. 
He was not finely dressed like the last man, 
But he was not in rags. 


He had a sparkle in his eyes. 
You did not believe it at first. 
You turn and walk away. 
The man follows you. 


You walk a little faster.
Still, he keeps up with you. 
You stop in your tracks, too scared to turn around. 
“I have been following you for a few days now.” He says. 


You turn around and stare at him. 
“You have been following me?” 
“What do you want?” you ask, scared to death. 
The man gives you a warm, friendly smile. 


“I want your love,” He says calmly and steadily.
“My love?” you ask in shock. 
The man nods. 
“Your love...” He says again. 


You feel at peace. 
You want him to love you. 
You want to love him.
“Can this be real?” you ask yourself. 


“I love you,” The man says. 
“I love you,” you whisper back as he takes you into his arms.
Tears, softly roll down your cheeks. 
This is what you have been waiting for. 


Why has it taken so long? 
For years you have waited for this? 
Is this really true love? 
Or was this man just faking it like the rest? 


“I have waited for you for years,” He whispered. 
“You have?” you ask, still, with tears rolling down your face.
The man nods and strokes your hair. 
“I have suffered and bled looking for you,” He says.  


At his words, more tears stream down your face. 
“This is true love,” you think to your self.
“But is it really true?” 
“Come,” The man whispers in your ear “let’s get you something to eat and clothes to wear.”

At first you hesitate, but the eyes of the man are gentle and kind. 
He offers you his arm, and you gratefully take it. 
Here is the love that you have searched for so long. 
This is true love. 

He will treat you with love and respect. 
He will give up everything. 
He will suffer for you. 
This is true love. 


I wrote this for my sister when she was struggling with somethings. She also did a post on love, you can find it here if you want to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment