Monday, February 14, 2011

Suffering ~ I'd Rather Have Jesus ~ Part 2

I hurt for suffering around me. I want to stop all the pain that goes on in families. I wish I could do something. There is so much pain and wickedness in the world that I wish there could be something I could do. We watched a movie last night called "The Lost and Found Family." It is about a family who has foster kids. Throughout the movie you get a glimpse of what happened to these kids. And it hurts. I am so blessed to live in a family who has never had major problems and I want to be able to share that with kids around the world. I want to be able to show them the love that Jesus has for them. Teenagers are so broken. I wish I could help.

Life is too short to waste. 



Yesterday, I was talking to a friend of mine and she told me her parents are on the brink of separation. That is why I wrote what I did above. I have come to the realization that even though I come from a good family, there are still families who have a hard time. A family who loves me, who treasures me, who would do anything for me. A family who has never gone through some of the hardships others have with bad influences, extended family pushing away each other, and who has never experienced separation or close to separation. There are families, I am sure, thousands of families who go through that. Teenagers get into cutting, smoking, drugs, etc. I have not done that. I have been sheltered from the world and I did not know this kind of stuff happens until a few years ago. And now that I know it is out there, I hurt for those people who go through that and who don't know Jesus Christ as their Saviour. 


And be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.



I know that all I can do at my present state in life is to pray for those teenagers who are lost and for those families who are suffering. 


I have a friend who, to me, is not a believer, but he thinks he is. He believes that the only way to be saved is to do good works and you are saved. My heart goes out to him because I know that apart from Jesus Christ those works are only filthy rags. Satan will try to get us to believe that our good works are worth something, but Jesus says that they will count as nothing. 


"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?" ~ Matthew 7:22 (KJV) 


He’s fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He’s sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He’s all that my hungering spirit needs;
I’d rather have Jesus and let Him lead



Where Jesus is present there is also suffering, but there is suffering also where Jesus is not present. I may not be able to help those who are suffering, but at least I can pray for them. Jesus means so much to me now, more than He ever has, that He is fairer than lilies of rarest bloom, sweeter than honey from out the comb, and all that my hungering spirit needs. 


May God bless you, 

No comments:

Post a Comment