Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trust Me

He reaches out to take your hand.
He picks you up when you have fallen.
He is a shoulder to cry on. 
“I am your shelter,” He whispers in your ear. 


He bears all your burdens. 
He takes all your pain and grief.
He wipes away all your sins and tears.
“I am your love,” He whispers. 


He delivers you for your enemies.
He delivers you from evil. 
He delivers you from this world. 
“I am your deliverer,” He whispers.


He will lead you. 
He won’t steer you wrong.
He will keep you safe. 
“I am your guide,” He whispers.


He will bring light to your night.
He will give you light in dark places.
He will light your path so you won’t stumble. 
“I am your light,” He whispers. 


He will lead you in battle.
He will make your enemies fall. 
He will bring victory to His camp. 
“I am your captain,” He whispers. 


He will rule His people with a just and righteous hand. 
He will bring peace to the city. 
He will protect His people.
“I am your king,” He whispers.


He created the heavens.
He created the earth.
He created you.
“I am your creator,” He whispers. 


Why not praise the God of the universe? 
Why not trust him with everything? 
Does He not deserve it?
“Trust me,” He whispers.


Why shouldn’t He have our love?
Why shouldn’t He be your shelter?
Has He not earned it? 
“Trust me,” He whispers.


All He wants is your praise.
All He wants is your trust. 
All He wants is your love. 
“Trust me,” He whispers.


All He wants is for you to honor Him.
All He wants is for you to give Him everything. 
All He wants is for you to surrender to him.
“Trust me,” He whispers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment