Sunday, December 5, 2010

Time Changer

A few weeks ago, we watched a movie called Time Changer. It was about a guy who lived in the 1890 and came to the future. In his own time era he was working on writing a book. The book has basically taken the morals that Jesus taught, but taking him out of them. So, he ends up taking a trip into the future. He finds himself in our own time and he shudders at what he finds.






He finds a man blasphemed the name of Jesus, a man and woman kissing without being married, that it is okay to steal, that it is okay to disobey your parents. And that that is the way of life and everyone is comfortable in it. He cannot grasp that concept. Everyone is comfortable in their sin.

After the movie was over, it really opened my eyes. We all are comfortable in todays culture. Christians and Homeschoolers need not to be comfortable in that. We need to be like this guy in the movie, an outsider to the world, and not to become comfortable with it. I have to say that I have not done that. I have known that what things are said in movies, what the child does to the parents, that it is not right to steal. I have known that, but have not practiced that. And I have been very ashamed of that.

Later, I will follow up on this and do a post on modesty.

Anyhow, the movie was very interesting and it opened my eyes. I think it is a must see movie for everyone.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this movie!! It's a great eye opener. I didn't like it at first but it got better as I continued to watch, I began to really like it.

    ReplyDelete