Monday, December 20, 2010

Yet Another Camping Trip ~ Day 2 ~ Shooting and Gold Mines


Yes, I know, this post is LONG over due!

On the second day while we were out at Antone Ranch, we went to a western shooting course and then to see two gold mines on the ranch. It was a cold and raining day, but we still had our share of laughing. :)

Here are some pictures of the day. I will start with the shooting pictures. The pictures are pretty explanatory. :) Oh, and the guns we shot were a 38 special pistol, a 38 special rifle and and 21 gauge shotgun.








Yes, that is my brother. :)









The 38 special pistol


Loading the guns.






Isn't he cute?








Some of the group.





The men had fun shooting the guns like the do in the movies...

It did not work so well. They only missed the target. :P



Entrance to one of the gold mines


One of the boys in the mine with a flashlight




Inside one of the mines


I simply had to put this picture in because there is a funny story behind it. :D


On the way home from the gold mines, which was almost a half an hour drive. We (the older kids, please don't make me name them. :P) had stayed up till midnight the night before, and that day was a cold and misty day. Plus, we only had trucks, so a bunch of the older kids had to pile into the back of my dad's truck. There were a total of 5 of us plus we had two dog kennels, so we were a little squished. :P Well, on the way back, Chad must have lost his mind. Braden and I were leaning up against the tail gate with Chad up against the window in the back, leaving the other two to sit in front of the dog kennels. (Some how we all fit.) Now, Braden and I talked for awhile until I noticed Chad had his face pressed up against the glass. At first I did not think much about it, and continued on talking, that was, until Chad started talking. He was trying to talk to the people in the cab of the truck, though the window.

I don't really know what possessed Chad to do such a thing. He is normally a quiet guy and is not really the funny one in our family, or so you think. :P Anyhow, back to the story.

Chad was talking though the window in this high pitched voice that he only uses when he is very hipper. The next thing I know, Chad is looking back at us and then turns to put his face back up the the window, but instead Dad slams on the brakes, and makes us all go flying. And guess where his face went. Yup, right into the window. *laughs* After I recovered myself from the jolt, I find Chd rubbing his nose. He then turned back to the window and started talking again. By this time, Braden and I were rolling. Dad slammed on the brakes again, but this time Chad hit is forehead. Dad did it one more time before we got home. But we all were rolling.

That is the story about that picture. :)

Thanks to In His Name Photography for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment