Thursday, December 9, 2010

Siblings ~

Dedicated to my siblings. I love you all.


Why did God give me siblings? 
Sometimes they can be so annoying. 
Sometimes I can hate them so. 
Yet, other times, I love them so much.


Why do I fight with them? 
Why do we show no mercy to the other person? 
Why do we wrestle like cats and dogs? 
Why do we have to disagree? 


How can everything be wrong between us and then the sun comes out? 
How come we fight and then love like there was no tomorrow? 
Why can my siblings love me when I do wrong to them? 
Why are there times I can’t show them mercy?


God showed me mercy, is that why my siblings can? 
God loves me unconditionally, is that why my siblings can? 
God showed me forgiveness, is that why they can forgive me so fast? 
God gave me grace, is that why my sibling love me? 


Although, we fight, there is always love after.
Although, we hate each other, there is always forgiveness.
Although, we say mean things, there is always mercy.
Although, we shut down from them, there is always grace.


God gave me siblings to love, forgive, to show grace and mercy.
God gave me siblings to show His character, and to teach me lessons that I don’t accept until it is put straight into my face. 
God gave me siblings to learn life lessons when they come up in the future. 


I am thankful that He gave me the sibling I have. 
They have taught me to look at life thru different eyes. 
They have taught me to love unconditionally.


They have taught me to forgive those who have hurt me.
Thank you God for what you have taught me. 
Thank you for giving me siblings. 
Thank you for revealing Yourself thru them.
Thank you for giving me my best friends. 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog here. I came upon it by way of a search for Aragorn's cape. The header image reminds me of some time I spent in Rochester NY in the winter. I am an aspiring writer as well! Keep up the good work!

    -Aragorn

    ReplyDelete