Thursday, March 10, 2011

Relying on God; Not Man

I have realized over the last month or so, by watching some good friends of mine, that even though we might have a guy and his love, we won't be completely satisfied. If we don't completely dwell on God's love and rely on Him, our relationship with the opposite sex will only fail and go down the wrong road.

 I have to say, I have struggled with that. I have tried to lean on my sister or a friend or someone and all that happens is my life turns upside down. Friendships capsize, I get overwhelmed with school work and what I have to do, and the day just feels a mess. Today, this thought hit me right between the eyes. "This is why my day ended up like it did. Because I was relying on man and not on God." I have found that it is not really worth it. Man will soon crumble away and fade like a flower. A friendship might seem like a good friendship, but if God is not a part of it, it will soon fall apart. There will not always be a shoulder to lean on if you rely on man, but there will be if you rely on God. 

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people [is] grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever. ~ Isaiah 40:7-8 (KJV)
Why rely on something or someone when it will only fade away? Is it worth it? Why not rely on something or someone that will last forever? There is nothing here on earth that will last forever. There is only one thing that you can rely on. That is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment