Saturday, March 12, 2011

Where Have You Gone?

Why do you try to hide it all?
Why are you burdened so?
Don’t you know what love is? 
Don’t you know what forgiveness is? 


Don’t you know that there is someone who loves you more than you could ever know? 
Don’t you know there is more to this life than meets the eye? 
Don’t you know that there is a forgiveness that is more pure than any man can give? 
Don’t you know you pray like there is tomorrow? 


Where is your faith? 
Where is your heart? 
Why do you just walk away? 
Why do you leave people stranded with no explanation? 


There is one who could love you more than I ever could. 
There is one who could forgive you over and over. 
There is one who will never leave you. 
Where have you gone? 


Who am I? 
Am I nobody? 
You have pushed me out of your life. 
What have I done to deserve such treatment? 
What have you done? 


Who is He? 
Can He not save you from all? 
You have pushed Him out of your life. 
Does He no longer matter? 
Is He just another person you can throw away? 


There is one who can bring peace to all men.
There is one who can heal a broken heart. 
There is one who can give grace. 
Where have you gone? 


I could never love you enough to show you how much He loves you. 
I could never forgive you enough to show you how much He has forgiven you. 
I could never be there enough to show you that He is always there for you. 
I love you, but He loves you more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment